Things To Do In Minneapolis
Things to do in Minneapolis
Minneapolis is a beautiful city with plenty of things to do. From exploring the arts and culture scene to enjoying the great outdoors, there’s something for everyone in Minneapolis. In this blog post, we will explore some of the best things to do in Minneapolis. Whether you’re a local or just visiting, we hope you’ll check out some of these amazing attractions!
The Osman Shrine Circus is in the Twin Cities!
This year’s show is bigger and better than ever. See the amazing feats of strength and agility from our talented circus performers. Be entertained by death-defying feats and amazing animal tricks under the big top. You won’t want to miss it.
Our circus is a family-friendly event that will entertain people of all ages. Bring your friends and loved ones and experience the magic of the circus together. Come one, come all to the Osman Shrine Circus!
Get your tickets today for the Osman Shrine Circus!
Welcome to Minneapolis!
Minneapolis is the largest city in the state of Minnesota and the primary commercial center of the region known as the Twin Cities. The city was founded in 1856 along the Mississippi River, and today it is home to over 400,000 people.
Minneapolis has a rich history and a vibrant culture, and it is known for its beautiful parks and lakes. The city is also a major center of business and industry, and it is home to many Fortune 500 companies. Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, Minneapolis has something to offer everyone. Welcome to the City of Lakes!
Minneapolis is the largest city in Minnesota and the county seat of Hennepin County. The downtown area is on both sides of the Mississippi River, just north of where the river flows out of Lake Minneapolis. It is a thriving center of commerce and culture, with a vibrant nightlife and numerous attractions.
The Downtown skyline is dominated by skyscrapers, including the iconic IDS Center and the newly constructed Xcel Energy Center. The city’s theater district is located in the downtown area, as are many museums and art galleries.
There are also several parks and green spaces, along with various restaurants and shopping opportunities. Downtown Minneapolis is a great place to visit for anyone who enjoys urban life.
Chain of Lakes, Minneapolis, Minnesota
If you love water sports, hiking, and biking, or love being outdoors, then you will want to check out the Chain of Lakes in Minneapolis. Located just a few miles from downtown Minneapolis, this beautiful park system has more than 20 lakes connected by trails for pedestrians and cyclists.
The Chain of Lakes is a series of connected lakes in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The lakes are popular for recreation, including swimming, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. The Chain of Lakes is also home to several parks and trails, making it a great place to explore the outdoors.
The lakes are:
The lakes are particularly beautiful in the fall when the leaves change color. The Chain of Lakes is a great place to spend a day with family or friends. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, and the scenery is stunning. Whether you want to swim, fish, or relax and enjoy the view, the Chain of Lakes is a must-visit destination in Minneapolis.
10 Things to do in Minneapolis, Minnesota: Lake Harriet Park
Lake Harriet is a beautiful park located in the southwest part of Minneapolis. It is a popular destination for locals and visitors, offering scenic views, recreational opportunities, and plenty of things to see and do.
Lake Harriet Park and its nearby Attractions are a great place to spend a sunny afternoon. The lake is perfect for swimming, boating, and fishing, and it offers scenic views of the Minneapolis skyline. There are also several walking and cycling trails that connect Lake Harriet to other nearby parks.
Here are the Top 10 things to do in Lake Harriet Park:
1. Bike or Walk around the lake – As part of the ground rounds, the 3.65-mile trail around the lake can give you a great sight of downtown Minneapolis. Expect beautiful Scenic views of the blue waters and its boathouse. Be sure to watch for wildlife, turtles, ducks, fish, and the Elf House at the base of a tree just past South Oliver Avenue. You will surely enjoy your time strolling and biking along the lake.
2. Watch a concert at the Lake Harriet Bandshell – Every summer, the Lake Harriet Bandshell hosts free concerts from June through August. Visitors can listen to everything from classical and jazz music to folk and pop. The bandshell is an open-air theater that seats more than 2,000 people in Dreamland Park at the south end of the lake. It features more than 50 concerts each summer. Many of the performances are free to the public and include a range of genres, such as classical, jazz, folk, and pop.
3. Swim at the Beaches – Lake Harriet offers three swimming beaches. Beach 1, the north beach, is handicap accessible and has a sand bottom. The south beach at Bandshell Park also has a sand bottom. Lake Calhoun Beach is home to the “beach house” near East Calhoun Parkway. A sandy beach is a perfect place for kids to play. All these beaches have lifeguards from 11 am until 7 pm from the beginning of June until mid-August each year.
4. Go Fishing – Lake Harriet is a great place to try your hand at fishing. It’s stocked twice yearly with rainbow trout by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. If you have a Minnesota State Fishing license, you can fish in any public water body in the state, including Lake Harriet. There are several piers and accessible shorelines around the lake, perfect for casting a line and seeing what you can reel in.
5. Rent a Kayak, Canoe, or Paddle Boat – The Boathouse at Lake Harriet rents kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats by the hour for exploring the lake. They also offer fishing tubes that you can use to fish from along the shoreline. Renting a boat is a great way to get out on the water and enjoy this beautiful lake in downtown Minneapolis.
6. Grill or Picnic in the Park – If you’d like to bring a picnic or grill and enjoy some time outdoors, Lake Harriet has several great spots. The north end of the lake has large grassy areas that are perfect for picnics, as well as barbeque grills. There’s also a playground right next to these areas, so it’s a great place to take the kids. As a bonus, you can still hear the music from the bandshell in the distance.
7. Ride the Streetcar – If you’re looking for a fun way to get around on your visit to Minneapolis, the Nicollet Island-East Bank station is located just off Lake Harriet. The Hiawatha light rail line (the “Blue Line”) runs right by the lake and connects downtown Minneapolis with MSP International Airport. There are many stops along the way, making this a convenient and affordable way to travel.
8. Stroll through the gardens, Bird Sanctuary, and Sculpture Garden – In addition to the waterfront parkland around Lake Harriet, there are several beautiful gardens and walkways to explore. The Olmsted United States Centennial Commemorative Coin Garden is located at the north end of Lake Harriet. It features sculptures, benches, a gazebo, and more than 10,000 engraved bricks. The Lake Harriet Bird Sanctuary is a protected area of undeveloped land where you can see over 150 species of birds and other wildlife. Finally, the Southwest Sculpture Garden features beautiful art along the southwest end of Lake Harriet.
9. Grab a bite from Bread and pickle – Bread and Pickle is a popular eatery located right on Lake Harriet. The restaurant serves delicious organic food, from breakfast sandwiches and bagels to salads and paninis. All the ingredients come from local farms, so you know everything is fresh and of the highest quality. It’s a great place for an outdoor lunch or dinner with friends.
10. Feed the Mallard ducks and swans – Lake Harriet is home to several species of birds, including mallard ducks and swans. Feeding wildlife is a fun activity for kids and adults alike. Stop by the General Mills Welcome Center at Lake Harriet for feeding supplies, or bring your own from home. Either way, don’t forget your camera–watching these beautiful animals up close is a perfect way to spend an afternoon.
Lake Harriet is a beautiful, scenic spot in Minneapolis that offers endless activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re looking to go fishing, rent a boat, stroll through the gardens, or grab lunch at one of the local eateries, there’s something for everyone at Lake Harriet. So what are you waiting for? Get out and explore this wonderful lake today!
Mississippi National River and Recreation Area
The Mississippi National River and Recreation Area is a 72-mile stretch of the Mississippi River that runs through the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. This section of the river is managed by the National Park Service as a national park, and it includes a variety of recreational opportunities for visitors.
Visitors can explore the river by boat, go fishing, hike along one of the many trails, or camp in several camping areas. In addition, the park offers educational programs about the river and its ecosystem. The Mississippi National River and Recreation Area is a great place to enjoy the outdoors and learn about the importance of stewardship.
If you want to experience the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, be sure to check out some of the following top activities:
1. Rent a boat or canoe and explore the river. – There are numerous boat rentals available along the river, including kayaks, canoes, sailboats, paddle boats, and more. Choose your vessel depending on your comfort and experience level, and enjoy a relaxing day on the water.
2. Go fishing. – The Mississippi National River and Recreation Area offer excellent fishing opportunities for both casual anglers and seasoned pros. Whether you’re looking to catch some trout or bass, there’s sure to be a spot along the river that will meet your needs. Just follow all local fishing regulations to avoid fines or other penalties.
3. Hike along one of the many trails. – The Mississippi National River and Recreation Area is home to dozens of hiking trails, ranging from short, easy walks to challenging backcountry treks. Whether looking for a short hike through the woods or a full-day trek, you’ll find a trail perfect for your abilities and interests.
4. Go camping. – The Mississippi National River and Recreation Area offer several scenic campgrounds to spend the night under the stars. Set up your tent or RV at one of these beautiful spots, enjoy the fresh air, and uniquely connect with nature.
So if you’re looking for an outdoor adventure in Minneapolis, head over to the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area. This beautiful park has something for everyone, from fishing and boating to hiking and camping, so get out there and explore today!
25 Best Things to Do in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis, Minnesota, is famous for its rivers, lakes, and forests, as well as its thriving art and culture scene. Whether you’re a local looking to explore your city or a visitor looking for things to do during your trip, here are 25 of the best things to do in Minneapolis:
Here are the Top 10 things to do in Lake Harriet Park:
1. Take a stroll along the Mississippi Riverfront. – The Mississippi Riverfront in Minneapolis is a beautiful, scenic spot that offers stunning views and plenty of recreation opportunities. Stroll along the riverwalk, rent a bike or kayak and explore the area on your terms.
2. Visit one of the city’s many art museums and galleries. – Minneapolis is home to several world-class museums and galleries, such as the Walker Art Center and the Minneapolis Institute of Art. Whether you’re a fan of modern art, classical paintings, or anything in between, there’s sure to be an art museum that speaks to your interests.
3. Take a tour of Mill City Museum. – Mill City Museum is located right on the banks of the Mississippi River and offers a fascinating tour of what life was like in Minneapolis during the city’s early industrial days. Learn about the history of flour milling in Minnesota, see artifacts from the past, and explore some interesting exhibits.
4. Spend an afternoon at Minnehaha Park. – Minnehaha Park is one of the most iconic spots in Minneapolis, featuring beautiful hiking trails, historic architecture, and a 53-foot waterfall that is sure to take your breath away. Whether looking for a peaceful hike or an afternoon with family and friends, Minnehaha Park has something for everyone.
5. Catch some live music at First Avenue. – First Avenue is one of the most iconic music venues in Minneapolis, hosting live concerts and performances nearly every night. Whether you’re a fan of hip-hop, rock, pop, or anything in between, there’s sure to be a show at First Avenue that speaks to your tastes.
6. Go shopping at the Nicollet Mall. – Nicollet Mall is one of the most popular shopping districts in Minneapolis, featuring dozens of shops, restaurants, and bars. Whether you’re looking for a new outfit or want to browse around and see what’s on offer, you’ll find plenty to enjoy along Nicollet Mall.
7. Take a food tour of the city’s many international restaurants. – If you’re looking to experience all that Minneapolis has to offer in terms of cuisine, take a food tour of the city’s many international restaurants. From Mexican and Thai eateries to Ethiopian and Vietnamese cafes, there is truly something for everyone regarding delicious food in Minneapolis.
8. Go ice skating at the Target Center. – The Target Center is home to the Minnesota Timberwolves NBA team, but it is also open to the public for ice skating during the winter months. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-time skater, there’s no better place in Minneapolis to enjoy a day on the ice.
9. Watch a game at U.S. Bank Stadium. – U.S. Bank Stadium is home to the Minnesota Vikings NFL team and hosts numerous other sporting events year-round, from soccer games and football matches to UFC fights. Whether you’re a sports fan or want to see what this incredible stadium is all about, U.S. Bank Stadium is the place to be in Minneapolis.
10. Go for a ride on the Stone Arch Bridge. – The Stone Arch Bridge is one of the most iconic landmarks in Minneapolis, connecting downtown with St. Anthony on the other side of the Mississippi River. Rent a bike or walk across this stunning bridge and enjoy beautiful views of the river and the surrounding area.
11. Take in a show at the Orpheum Theatre. – The Orpheum Theatre is one of the most popular venues in Minneapolis, hosting concerts, musicals, plays, ballets, and other amazing performances throughout the year. Whether you’re a fan of drama, comedy, or something in between, you’ll find plenty to enjoy at the Orpheum Theatre.
12. Visit the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. – Located right next to the Walker Art Center, the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is a unique outdoor space filled with beautiful sculptures, fountains, and other interesting works of art. Whether looking for a peaceful place to stroll or enjoy the beautiful weather, this garden has something for everyone.
13. Explore the Twin Cities via bike. – Minneapolis and St. Paul are connected by scenic bike paths, making it the perfect place to explore on two wheels. Rent a bicycle for the day, or pack your gear and set out on a long ride through these charming cities, soaking up their unique character and beautiful scenery.
14. Shop at the Mall of America. – The Mall of America is one of the top shopping destinations in the entire country, featuring hundreds of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Whether you’re looking to do some serious shopping or enjoy a stroll around this iconic mall, there’s no better place to spend an afternoon in Minneapolis.
15. Go for a hike along the Mississippi River. – Minneapolis is home to many beautiful parks and green spaces, including the banks of the Mississippi River. Whether looking for a peaceful place to relax or a hiking trail to get your heart pumping, you’ll surely find something that suits your tastes along the historic Mississippi riverfront in Minneapolis.
16. Check out the top Breweries – Minneapolis is home to several award-winning craft breweries, each with its unique offerings and styles. Whether looking for a classic lager or something more experimental, take some time to explore the city’s many exceptional brew houses and try some of the best beer in Minneapolis. Some of the top breweries in the city include Indeed Brewing Company, Fair State Brewing Cooperative, and Fulton Beer.
17. Explore the Minneapolis Central Library – The Minneapolis Central Library is a stunning building filled to the brim with books, resources, and other materials that explore all aspects of culture and knowledge. Whether you’re an avid reader or want to check out this beautiful space, visit the Minneapolis Central Library. It’s truly one of the city’s hidden gems.
18. Take an Artful performance at the Cowles Center – The Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts is a unique space that hosts a variety of amazing performances, from classical ballet to modern dance to cutting-edge theater. Whether looking for a night out on the town or an excuse to take in some incredible art, check out what’s happening at the Cowles Center. You won’t be disappointed!
19. Travel back in time on a Magical History Tour of Minneapolis – Minneapolis has a long and fascinating history, from the creation of its first settlement in the mid-1800s to today’s thriving city. To learn more about this rich history, take one of the many Magical History Tours offered throughout the year by local historians. You’ll walk away with a whole new appreciation for this incredible city!
20. Go under the sea at the Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium. – Located in the center of the Mall of America, Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium is one of the top attractions in all of Minneapolis. Whether you’re a fan of marine life and sea creatures or want to check out this stunning aquarium, a visit to Sea Life Aquarium is an unforgettable experience. Dive under the sea and explore the many wonders of the ocean without ever leaving the land!
21. Tour Paisley Park – Paisley Park is the former home of Prince and an iconic cultural landmark in Minneapolis. Today, you can tour this amazing location to learn more about Prince’s storied career and see some of his most precious personal belongings. Whether you are a fan of Prince or simply interested in pop culture history, a tour of Paisley Park is well worth your time.
22. Try The Escape Game Minneapolis – If you are looking for a fun, challenging activity that will keep you on your toes, try The Escape Game Minneapolis. Located at the Mall of America, this popular attraction is a real-life escape room game where you must solve riddles and puzzles to “escape the room” before time runs out. This immersive escape room experience puts teams in tricky situations and forces them to work together to find a way out. Whether you’re looking for a great date night or want to test your problem-solving skills with friends, The Escape Game Minneapolis is a perfect choice. It’s a thrilling experience that you won’t forget!
23. Enjoy a picnic in Loring Park – Loring Park is one of the most beautiful green spaces in all of Minneapolis, and it’s also home to some great picnic spots. Whether you want to bring along a gourmet meal or spread a few snacks, head to Loring Park to enjoy a relaxing picnic and take in some of the city’s beautiful natural surroundings.
24. Check out an event at the Basilica Block Party – The Basilica Block Party is an annual music festival in Minneapolis that draws fans from all over the country. Featuring local and national bands, this popular block party is a must for anyone who loves music. Whether you want to rock out or hang out and enjoy the vibe, check out the Basilica Block Party for a great time!
25. Spend your Saturday at the Mill City Farmers Market – The Mill City Farmers Market is an open-air marketplace that spans two city blocks. Open every Saturday from May to October; this popular farmers market features locally grown produce, flowers, and other goods. If you’re looking for fresh ingredients or want to stroll around and check out the local vendors, visiting the Mill City Farmer’s Market is an absolute must. You won’t regret it!
Whatever your interests or preferences, there are plenty of things to do in Minneapolis. Whether you want to check out local history, explore the city’s beautiful green spaces, or experience some of the best music and entertainment that the region has to offer, Minneapolis is a great place to visit. So why not start planning your trip today? A day or weekend in Minneapolis is sure to be an adventure you won’t soon forget!
Best Things to Do in Minneapolis & St. Paul (The Twin Cities)
The Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, often referred to as the “Twin Cities”, is home to various cultural, entertainment, and recreational activities. From historic tours to music festivals, there is something for everyone in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in the Twin Cities:
Walker Art Center – Walker Art Center is a world-renowned art museum that offers various exhibits and programs. It is the first public art gallery in the upper Midwest and a larger center that is a world-class destination for viewing contemporary art and media.
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden – The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, located next to the Walker Art Center, is one of the largest urban sculpture parks in the country. With 43 permanent art installations and various temporary exhibits, it’s a great place to explore and admire works by local and international artists. If you’re visiting Minneapolis, check out this beautiful park for an afternoon of fun and discovery!
Minneapolis Skyway System – The Skyway System is a network of enclosed pedestrian walkways that connect various buildings and places in downtown Minneapolis. Spanning over 70 blocks, these indoor passageways allow you to explore the city even when it’s cold or rainy outside. Whether you want to get from one building to another quickly or enjoy some time indoors, the Skyway System is a unique and convenient feature of Minneapolis.
Mill Ruins Park – Located along the historic Mississippi River, Mill Ruins Park is a beautiful green space that offers hiking trails, scenic river views, and countless photo opportunities. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing place to walk your dog or want to explore the remnants of old mills that once populated this area, Mill Ruins Park has something for everyone.
Science Museum of Minnesota – The Science Museum of Minnesota is a popular destination for families and children. This interactive museum features exhibits that teach visitors about the natural world, space exploration, and more. If you’re traveling with kids or want to learn more about science and technology, check out the Science Museum of Minnesota on your next trip to Minneapolis!
Como Park Zoo & Conservatory – Como Park Zoo & Conservatory is a popular zoo and botanical garden with various animals and plants. From traditional zoo exhibits to the beautiful Marjorie McNeely Conservatory, there is plenty of beauty and fun to be found at this fascinating park. Whether you’re visiting with kids or want to appreciate nature in an urban setting, Como Park Zoo & Conservatory is one of the best things to do in Minneapolis.
Children’s Theatre Company – The Children’s Theatre Company is one of the most popular theaters in the region, offering award-winning productions for families and children. Featuring a wide variety of shows based on classic tales and modern stories, this theater is an amazing place to enjoy some world-class entertainment. So why not plan a special trip to Minneapolis for the Children’s Theatre Company – you won’t be disappointed!
Weisman Art Museum – The Weisman Art Museum is a prominent museum on the University of Minnesota campus. Featuring contemporary and modern works in a modern art museum, and this free museum is always a great place to explore for art lovers. Whether you want to check out a special exhibit or enjoy some time in an aesthetically pleasing environment, visit the Weisman Art Museum during your next trip to Minneapolis.
Minnesota History Center – The Minnesota History Center is a large center focused on telling the story of Minnesota and its people. From exhibits to events, this historic site has plenty to offer visitors interested in local history. If you are planning a trip to Minneapolis, check out this fascinating location for some interesting insights into the city’s past!
Minneapolis Institute of Art – The Minneapolis Institute of Art is one of the largest and most important art museums in the state. Featuring a wide variety of exhibits, collections, and special events, this free museum is always a great place to explore in Minneapolis. Whether you want to check out some of the permanent collections or see an exciting new exhibit, the Minneapolis Institute of Art is a must-visit destination for art lovers.
Somali Museum of Minnesota – Located in the Cedar-Riverside area of Minneapolis, the Somali Museum of Minnesota is an exciting place to learn more about Somali culture and history. Featuring a range of exhibits and artifacts, this unique museum is one of the best ways to explore another culture in Minneapolis. If you’re looking for something different during your trip to Minneapolis, check out the Somali Museum of Minnesota!
Boom Island Park – Boom Island Park is a scenic park on the Mississippi River in Minneapolis. Featuring beautiful views, hiking trails, and plenty of green space, this park is great for those who want to appreciate nature during their time in Minneapolis. Whether visiting with friends or just looking for some quiet time away from the crowds, Boom Island Park is definitely worth your time!
Downtown Saint Paul – Downtown Saint Paul is one of the best places to explore in Minneapolis. Featuring a variety of restaurants, stores, and historic sites, this vibrant neighborhood has plenty of great attractions to enjoy. From the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Paul to the Xcel Energy Center sports arena, Downtown Saint Paul should be on your list during your next trip to Minneapolis.
Lakes Regional Park – Lakes Regional Park is another great destination for nature lovers visiting Minneapolis. Featuring a network of walking trails that wind around beautiful lakes and wetlands, this sprawling park is an ideal place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Whether you want to enjoy a relaxing stroll or spend some time fishing on the lake, Lakes Regional Park is an excellent choice for your time in Minneapolis.
There are so many great things to do in Minneapolis and St. Paul, from exploring fascinating museums to enjoying beautiful parks and more. Whether visiting with kids or just looking for fun on your own, these are some of the top things to do in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Minneapolis Food Scene and Restaurants to try
If you are a foodie and enjoy local sampling cuisine, you will love exploring the variety of restaurants and eateries in Minneapolis. From delicious ethnic foods to trendy new dining spots, there are plenty of great places to try in this vibrant city. Whether looking for a quick bite during your visit or planning a special dinner, check out some of the top restaurants in Minneapolis!
To help you get started, here are just a few of the top restaurants to check out in Minneapolis:
Manny’s Steakhouse – The Manny’s Steakhouse is one of the top steakhouses in Minneapolis, offering a variety of flavorful cuts of steak and other delicious dishes. Diners’ favorite is the cuts from a rolling meat cart, also seafood and wine. Whether you’re looking for a classic meal or want to try something new, Manny’s is the perfect spot for dinner.
Bar La Grassa – If you want an upscale dining experience in Minneapolis, check out Bar La Grassa. Featuring an elegant atmosphere, delicious Italian cuisine, and expertly crafted cocktails, this restaurant is ideal for those looking to indulge during their visit. Whether craving a pizza or pasta dish, this is the perfect place to savor some fine dining in Minneapolis.
Mucci’s Italian – For a casual but delicious dining experience, head to Mucci’s Italian. This family-owned restaurant offers flavorful, authentic Italian dishes and a great wine selection. Whether looking for pasta or wood-fired pizza, you will love the food at Mucci’s Italian in Minneapolis.
Tullibee – For a unique dining experience, head to Tullibee in downtown Minneapolis. This upscale restaurant offers Nordic-inspired dishes using local and seasonal ingredients, creating an unforgettable culinary experience. Whether looking for something sweet or savory, you will love the innovative menu at Tullibee!
Milk jam Creamery – Finally, don’t miss out on the delicious ice cream at Milk Jam Creamery. This popular spot offers a range of creative and inventive flavors, from banana cornbread to lemon curd with local honeycomb. Whether you are visiting Minneapolis with kids or want a quick treat, this is one of the best places to stop for dessert in the city.
So whether you’re looking for delicious food, fun outdoor activities, or an upscale dining experience, there are plenty of great things to do in Minneapolis and St. Paul. So why not plan your next getaway today? You’ll be sure to have a memorable time exploring all that these exciting cities have to offer!
Kids and Family Fun Activities At Minneapolis
Some of the best places for family fun in Minneapolis are:
Nickelodeon Universe – The Nickelodeon Universe is one of the top indoor amusement parks in Minneapolis, offering a variety of fun rides and attractions for kids of all ages. Whether you want to take a spin on the roller coasters or enjoy some games with your little ones, you will love spending the day at this popular attraction.
Lego Store – The Lego Store is a great place to visit if you have kids who love building with Legos. Featuring everything from simple puzzles and games to larger building sets and activities, this store has something fun for all ages. You will want to make time in your schedule for a visit here!
Minnesota Zoo – Located just outside of the city, Minnesota. Minnesota Zoo is a great place for families to explore. Featuring exhibits and animals from all over the world, including polar bears, jaguars, and elephants, this zoo offers an educational and exciting experience for kids and adults alike.
Sky Zone Trampoline Park – Finally, don’t miss out on the fun at Sky Zone Trampoline Park. With trampolines, foam pits, and other activities, this is the perfect place to wear out your kids (and yourself) with high-energy play. Whether you want to jump around with your kids or watch them have fun, you will love spending an afternoon at this popular attraction.
Valleyfair – Minnesota is also home to the popular amusement park Valleyfair, where kids can enjoy fantastic rides and fun attractions. Whether you are looking for a casual day out or an exhilarating roller coaster ride, this park has something for everyone.
Zero Gravity Trampoline Park – Finally, if you are looking for an exciting and active place to take your kids in Minneapolis, don’t miss out on Zero Gravity Trampoline Park. Featuring wall-to-wall trampolines and a variety of fun activities, this is the perfect place for kids (and adults!) to get their energy out! With something fun for everyone, this is one of the top family-friendly activities in Minneapolis.
So whether you’re looking for endless fun in the great outdoors or a one-of-a-kind indoor experience, Minneapolis will surely have something that will delight your whole family! So start planning your trip today and get ready to explore this exciting city. With this guide, you can make the most of your trip and have an amazing time in Minneapolis with your kids!
Minneapolis: Fairs and Festivals
If you’re looking for a city that’s always bustling with activities, look no further than Minneapolis. This vibrant city is home to a wide variety of exciting fairs and festivals, making it one of the best places to visit in Minnesota.
Some of the top fairs and festivals in Minneapolis, according to season, are:
During winter, there are several fun winter festivals in Minneapolis to check out. Whether you’re looking for ice skating at the city’s popular outdoor rinks or enjoying seasonal treats and hot beverages, there’s always something fun happening here during the colder months.
The Holidazzle – This holiday parade takes place in November and December each year, bringing floats, food vendors, and performers from around the city. Holidazzle is a special tradition that brings people from all over the region to celebrate in a Winter Wonderland in Downtown Minneapolis. It’s a great way to kick off the holiday season, so check out if you’re in town!
The Great Northern – In January, you won’t want to miss The Great Northern—a winter festival celebrating all things northern, from snow sports and outdoor activities to music and food. This popular event draws thousands of visitors each year, making it one of the most popular festivals in Minneapolis. Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline rush or a fun opportunity to gather with friends, this event is sure to please.
U.S. Pond Hockey Championships – If you’re looking for something a little more active, check out the U.S. Pond Hockey Championships—an outdoor hockey tournament held in January on the popular Lake Nokomis. This event draws players from all over the country and is one of the most unique sporting events in Minneapolis. With fun activities for spectators and participants, it’s a can’t-miss event for hockey fans!
Loppet Winter Festival – Finally, the Loppet Winter Festival is another great choice for winter fun in Minneapolis. Attracting thousands of visitors annually, this festival features outdoor activities like cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and more. With activities for all ages and interests, this is the perfect way to get out and explore Minneapolis during the colder months.
Spring is a great time to visit Minneapolis, as several exciting festivals and events are happening across the city. Whether you’re looking for live music or family-friendly activities, there’s something for everyone this season in Minneapolis!
City of Lakes Loppet – One of the biggest spring events in Minneapolis is the City of Lakes Loppet—a multi-day festival that celebrates winter sports like cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and more. This popular event attracts thousands of visitors each year, making it a must for outdoor enthusiasts in the region.
Holi Festival of Colors – Another fun spring event is the Holi Festival of Colors—a unique celebration featuring traditional Indian food, music, dance, and more. This popular festival is held at the end of March and draws visitors from across the country.
Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival – If you’re looking for an exciting cultural event during your visit to Minneapolis, look no further than the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival. This annual film festival features independent films from around the world and is a great way to experience local art and culture in this dynamic city.
Art In Bloom – Finally, Art in Bloom is another exciting spring event for art lovers visiting Minneapolis. This unique festival features floral arrangements inspired by works of art from the city’s most popular museums and galleries. It’s a fun way to explore Minnesota culture and taste what makes this city so special!
The summer months in Minneapolis are packed full of exciting festivals, concerts, and other events. Whether you’re looking for live music or a chance to enjoy the great outdoors, there’s something here for everyone!
Minnesota Fringe Festival – The Minnesota Fringe Festival is one of the biggest summer events in Minneapolis. This annual festival features dozens of performances by local artists—from theater and dance to comedy and more. With fun activities for the whole family, this is a must-attend event for any summer visit to Minneapolis!
Stone Arch Bridge Fes – If you’re a music lover, the Stone Arch Bridge Festival is an absolute must. This annual event features live concerts by some of Minnesota’s most popular bands and musicians and has drawn large crowds to the Minneapolis riverfront for years.
Twin Cities Pride Fest – The Twin Cities Pride Fest is another popular summer event in Minneapolis. This annual festival celebrates the LGBTQ community and includes live music and entertainment, food vendors, and more. Whether you’re part of the LGBTQ community or an ally, this is a great way to experience some of Minnesota’s local culture!
Minnesota Renaissance Festival – Of course, no summer visit to Minneapolis would be complete without a trip to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. This popular festival is held on weekends throughout August and September and features traditional arts and crafts, live music, food vendors, and much more. With something for the whole family, it’s a can’t-miss event during your time in Minneapolis!
As the weather starts to cool off in Minneapolis, there are still plenty of exciting events and festivals happening across the city. Whether you’re looking for live music or a chance to explore Minnesota’s vibrant local culture, there’s something here for everyone!
Minnesota State Fair – The Minnesota State Fair is one of the biggest fall events in Minneapolis. This annual fair features live music, tasty food, and many fun activities for the whole family—from tractor pulls to animal exhibits to carnival rides. It’s a great way to experience Minneapolis culture at its best!
Uptown Art Fair – Another popular fall event here in Minneapolis is the Uptown Art Fair. Featuring dozens of artists selling everything from paintings and photography to sculptures and handmade jewelry, this is a great opportunity to explore local art in one of Minneapolis’ most charming neighborhoods.
Art Attack – If you’re a fan of modern art, don’t miss Art Attack—a dynamic exhibit featuring live performances and interactive installations created by some of Minnesota’s most talented artists. This unique event is held at the Walker Art Center and is a must for culture-seekers visiting Minneapolis in the fall!
Annual Monarch Festival – The Annual Monarch Festival is another great fall event for nature lovers. This festival celebrates the beautiful monarch butterfly and the important role it plays in ecosystem health—with fun activities like guided tours, butterfly-themed crafts, and more.
Different fairs and festivals occur throughout the year in Minneapolis, offering visitors a chance to explore the city’s vibrant local culture and experience its many exciting events. Whether you’re looking for live music, art, or family-friendly entertainment, there’s something for everyone here! So if you’re planning a trip to Minneapolis, check out some of these popular fall festivals and events.
Minneapolis Music and Nightlife
The Music and Nightlife in Minneapolis offer something for everyone, from live concerts and nightlife hotspots to cozy bars and local music venues. If you’re a music lover or looking to experience some of the city’s vibrant nightlife scene, check out some of these popular music and nightlife destinations in Minneapolis!
Here are some of the best options for music and nightlife in Minneapolis:
The Armory – The Armory is one of the city’s most popular music and nightlife destinations, offering visitors a chance to see live bands and DJs in an intimate venue setting. With programming that ranges from pop and EDM to hip-hop and rock, it’s a great place to experience local music in Minneapolis. It is once home to the Minneapolis Lakers and the site of two legendary music videos, Prince’s “1999” and Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing.”
The Fillmore – Another popular music venue in Minneapolis is the Fillmore. This historic theater dates back to the 1920s and has played host to many legendary artists, including Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix. Today, it’s still a premier destination for live music in Minneapolis, featuring popular bands, DJs, and more.
Minnesota Orchestra – If you’re looking for a more classical music experience, check out the Minnesota Orchestra. This world-renowned orchestra plays at venues across Minneapolis and hosts frequent performances of classic works by composers like Mozart and Handel.
The Cedar Cultural Center – For fans of folk, blues, and world music, the Cedar Cultural Center is a must-visit destination. This intimate venue hosts concerts featuring local and international artists worldwide, showcasing everything from traditional Thai music to indie rock bands.
Dakota Jazz Club – Finally, no trip to Minneapolis is complete without a visit to the Dakota Jazz Club. This acclaimed jazz club hosts regular performances by some of the biggest names in jazz and serves up delicious cocktails and fine dining for its guests. So if you’re looking for a great night out in Minneapolis, check out the Dakota Jazz Club!
Whether you’re visiting Minneapolis for its vibrant culture or just looking for a great place to catch live music and nightlife, there’s something for everyone in this lively city! So be sure to explore all it offers during your next trip.
For a different experience, Watch Osman Shrine Circus!
Looking for something fun and different to do in Minneapolis? Check out the Osman Shrine Circus! Everybody loves the circus. No matter what age, the spectacle and excitement of a circus never fail to entertain. If you’re looking for some family-friendly fun in the Twin Cities, be sure to check out the Osman Shrine Circus when it comes to town. Featuring acrobats, clowns, Aerialists, and much more, this annual circus is a must-see event for anyone in the area.
Each year, they fill the lives of thousands of families in Minnesota as one of the long-standing traditions in the State. They have been part of the Twin Cities community since 1920 and continue to draw large crowds of locals and visitors to their special events. Watch out for their presentations which include:
With its well-trained and talented performers, the Osman Shrine Circus promises a unique and entertaining experience for people of all ages. So if you’re looking for something fun and different to do in Minneapolis or St. Paul, be sure to check out the Osman Shrine Circus!
Tips for Exploring the Twin Cities
If you are planning a trip to the Twin Cities and want to make the most of your time there, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
1. Start by doing some research ahead of time. – This can help you plan you’re itinerary and get an idea of what activities and attractions are available in the area.
2. Consider purchasing a local guidebook – A local Guide book or using online resources to help you find the best restaurants, bars, shops, and other attractions in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
3. Pay attention to weather forecasts and plan accordingly. – The Twin Cities can be quite cold during the winter months, so pack appropriate clothing and gear for your visit.
4. Get out and explore! – The Twin Cities are full of great parks, neighborhoods, and other attractions waiting to be discovered. So don’t hesitate to go on a road trip or take public transport to see all the sights.
5. Make the most of your time by scheduling some downtime. – Whether you want to relax with a book at your hotel, go for a walk around the city, or find a cozy restaurant for lunch and dinner, there are plenty of ways to recharge and enjoy yourself in the Twin Cities.
6. Remember to have fun! – The Twin Cities have so much to offer, from world-class museums and cultural events to outdoor adventures and family-friendly activities. So go explore, enjoy yourself, and don’t forget to take some photos along the way!
Together, these tips will help you make the most of your time in Minneapolis and St. Paul and discover all the amazing things this vibrant and diverse city offers. Start planning your trip today!
Frequently Asked Questions about Things to do in Minneapolis
Mall of America is often cited as the number 1 attraction in Minnesota, thanks to its wide variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options. However, other popular attractions in Minneapolis include the Sea Life Aquarium, Paisley Park Museum, The Escape Game Minneapolis, Loring Park, and the Basilica Block Party.
Minneapolis is known for its chain of lakes, its vibrant art scene, its thriving technology and startup community, and the iconic Mall of America. With plenty of parks, museums, green spaces, theaters, music venues, and other attractions, there is something for everyone in Minneapolis!
There are many reasons to visit Minneapolis, including its excellent restaurants and bars, thriving arts scene, abundant public parks, and green spaces, unique shopping opportunities, and exciting year-round events and festivals. Whether you’re looking for a fun family getaway or you want to explore this vibrant city on your own, Minneapolis is guaranteed to delight and inspire you!
With a beautiful location at the confluence of two major rivers, a vibrant arts and culture scene, and a wide range of attractions and activities to explore, Minneapolis is an excellent destination for travelers looking to experience the best that Minnesota has to offer.
If you’re ever in Minneapolis, be sure to check out these great things to do! From museums to parks to lakes, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful city. And if you need a break from all the sightseeing, there are plenty of delicious restaurants to try. So whether you’re looking for culture, nature, or food, Minneapolis is the place for you.